Post Your Monark & Firestone Super Deluxe/Cruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Post Your Monark & Firestone Super Deluxe/Cruisers

My 1946-1/2 I customized for a build-off against thatismytruck:

5u3a9yre.jpg

Re: Post Your Monark & Firestone Super Deluxe/Cruisers

My 1946-1/2 I customized for a build-off against thatismytruck:

5u3a9yre.jpg

it looks more complete with fenders and i do put them on if i'm going to a bike show. the rest of the time fenders come off and different rims come on with fat spokes to hold me. i hate riding with fenders plus, i'm always hitting the front one with my feet and i don't want to scratch them.

thanks for the suggestion thou!!

I got this bike from my landlord. An older lady. It was her husbands who had passed away and she was going to get rid of it. She didnt think anyone would want it because it was so old!
Trying not to be too excited I said I would clean it up and ride it and she gave it to me! The bike was bought new with diligently saved paper route money. So Im the second owner.
Its all original as far as I know, accept it was missing a pedal. Found one that was similar but not exact. Im new to this era of bikes. From what I can figure this bike is a 52'? but I could be mistaken.
Anyway, great looking bikes all around.
Cheers

555996_10151528403959641_1539907233_n.jpg

550354_10151528403994641_1870275816_n.jpg

Please don't be tempted to 'Restore' that beauty. It's perfect the way it sits. It also has a rare added bonus of having a great story of its original owner that came with it. :!:

Keep it lubed up and ride it!

Subafly said:
I got this bike from my landlord. An older lady. It was her husbands who had passed away and she was going to get rid of it. She didnt think anyone would want it because it was so old!
Trying not to be too excited I said I would clean it up and ride it and she gave it to me! The bike was bought new with diligently saved paper route money. So Im the second owner.
Its all original as far as I know, accept it was missing a pedal. Found one that was similar but not exact. Im new to this era of bikes. From what I can figure this bike is a 52'? but I could be mistaken.
Anyway, great looking bikes all around.
Cheers

555996_10151528403959641_1539907233_n.jpg

550354_10151528403994641_1870275816_n.jpg

took this off a firestone upper cruiser but when i look for others like it i can not find one notice the forks are solid not tubed bale style

WP_001010.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

here it is on the bike any help would be great
WP_001003.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Please don't be tempted to 'Restore' that beauty. It's perfect the way it sits. It also has a rare added bonus of having a great story of its original owner that came with it. :!:

Keep it lubed up and ride it!
+1 They're original only once!

47 Super Deluxe...Farm auction buy in 1979. This bike was complete but missing the wheels when I bought it for $25. The ratted bike shown here is my favorite go-to rider. Fenders have original paint! I have the orig. seat, chaingaurd, handlebars, sprocket, crankset & trainlight fender housing, which are inventoried. Sturmey archer S3C hub w/coaster. Skip-tooth drivetrain, Ti. bars & carbon bar ends...Mavic 420 gram rims, db wheelsmith spokes, and Bontrager Hanks. Fast and smooth. BB hole in the rear reflector lens.. Some kid probly shot it out years ago in Minnesota...!! !:eek:
IMG_1781_zpsfe247df0.jpg

IMG_1776_zps7662eb0f.jpg

Latest setup
IMG_4344_zps3rfxrywg.jpg~original

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back