Power Wagon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a military inspired bike
here is my inspiration
DPWMIL.jpg

I have had this frame around awhile its unique in that its a tall bike (22" frame and most old cruisers are 17" or 18") and an aluminum frame with a classic cantilever design.
today somebody came into my store with a vintage army Power Wagon and i really never gave the bike a thought til i got home and was moving some stuff around in my shed and saw the MadWagon.com stickers and it hit me..... I gotta camo it up and add some vintage parts :)
this will be a work in progress as I want to add some true army/marine corps stuff to it
here is the frame in as found fizz bombed glory
P9250012.jpg

P9250011.jpg

here is the wheelset an alloy coaster wheelset :)
P9250010.jpg

no I apologize for these pics as it got dark on me
it has camo green and khaki and black so far
the seat is a rusty schwinn excersizer seat pan covered with rust converter
the handlebars are ww2 era blacked out handlebars
it will be getting a 42T BMX sprocket and good old rat trap pedals!
P9250015.jpg

I hope to find a couple cool racks in my supply pile to add to front and back with the front being reminiscent of the cattle guard on the inspiration model

Looks good. Military bikes are always fun build. I like your take on it with the inspiration of a good old Power Wagon. Hopefully you will find some racks to match.

Gold Street Customs said:
That blackout tailight is sweet, all you need now is military grade bike tires and vertical mounted square water bottles to simulate fuel tanks.
it does have the water bottle mounts and i have some stuff in mind

I think I like this bike but it blends in with it's surroundings so well I can't tell. :D

Back