Pre-War Mens' Colson- Colson Experts Please Chime In

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Pick this one up very cheap for the seat but not sure what my plans are yet. I believe this is a late 30s? model but I would welcome any info others could offer. The frame has a poor older repaint and looks to have been cracked at the head tube and re-welded at the wrong angle. The fenders were hitting the frame so I raked the forks a bit to get the proper clearance. This bike actually rides decent so Im leaning towards getting the frame fixed properly, giving it a quick clean up and keep it around for a bit. Of course I reserve the right to change my mind if something I just have to have pops up!

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

tin machine said:
hi i am not an expert on anything !! but that is a in my expert opinion !! a very cool find :!:

You ARE an expert at one thing...posting up sweet bikes for sale that keep me up all night trying to figure out how to buy them without getting divorced! At least you have that going for ya. :p :mrgreen:

ratina said:
Cool bike. The seat tube is pretty bent as well. Must have taken a jump or something. Hopefully you can fix it!

The bent seat tube doesn't bother me too much so I'll just leave it be even if I decide to get the head tube angle fixed. Of course with 2 other projects and my complete lack of motivation this one may just end up staying as is forever...or in parts.

Bri-in-RI said:
ratina said:
Cool bike. The seat tube is pretty bent as well. Must have taken a jump or something. Hopefully you can fix it!

The bent seat tube doesn't bother me too much so I'll just leave it be even if I decide to get the head tube angle fixed. Of course with 2 other projects and my complete lack of motivation this one may just end up staying as is forever...or in parts.

I think that's why the head tube is off, straightening that bar would push the bottom of the head tube out

ratina said:
Bri-in-RI said:
ratina said:

I think that's why the head tube is off, straightening that bar would push the bottom of the head tube out

The more I look at it the more I agree with you on why the head tube is at that angle. Looking more and more like this one is getting parted...oh well, cant safe them all.

Its funny, I have 3 bikes listed in the for sale section with ZERO action on them but the one I planed to keep turns out to be the one that everyone wants? :? I keep going back and forth on what to do with it so I'll sleep on it and decide. If I do parted I'll move it to the for sale section but PM everyone that showed interest here to give them first crack at it. :)

And sorry Tom and Dan but Im keeping the seat no matter what :p :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back