Prepare to be Shocked!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I come the otherside of the tracks I used to spin the bars and gently bounce the bike on the front wheel, barbaric yes....the life on the other side LOL... from experience it is noisy so remove the guards first he he he .
Maybe pack out a big vice with solid plates and wind it all closed..... Hmmmmmm... an old axle through the drop outs so ya can get good purchase for some leverage, again the top end in the vice.... or maybe get real brutal and with the old axle bolted through the drop outs, best foot against the headstock...tug of war sort of thing......
all of a sudden the 180 spin of the wheel and bars to bounce it back seems best LOL

Look what i got on saturday!!

The pimple!!!

DSCF2302.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

TADA!
DSCF2304.jpg

Love redone!! Its so sharp.
DSCF2309.jpg

Seat is MINT!!
DSCF2310.jpg

Sweeeeet front hub!!
DSCF2311.jpg

Only the rear fender has the ridge thing down the middle
DSCF2312.jpg

Got the wheel off greased the berrings in it
DSCF2321.jpg

LOVE these big bars.
DSCF2331.jpg

Matching set of Balloonie tires Barely dry rotted at all!
DSCF2332.jpg

Has a skip tooth chain
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/ricksterr1221/DSCF2333.jpg

Fixed the bent up fork, Looks perfect now
DSCF2346.jpg

Fixed the fender, Need front bracked, But got the busted one out,
DSCF2347.jpg

Flipped seat post around Sits alot better.
DSCF2348.jpg

And the trail blazer!
DSCF2328.jpg

DSCF2329.jpg

Has a horn, Aint checked it out yet will 2 morrow.
DSCF2326.jpg

Didnt snap any shots of this one, SO PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK?

Did i do good for $66 dollars?

Im getting to be quite the haggler he wanted 50 a piece for them I got the red one for fortey and the blue for 26, It was all i had left and his wife didnt want him 2 bring that old "Piece of S&#T" home.

Im so happy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
$66!!!!!!????? HOME RUN!! Epic find!

Nice finds! What's your method of fork bending? I have one I need to straighten.View attachment 225624
You really pulled this thread out of the time capsule. ;)

You can probably straighten those forks with a dummy axle and some rope in a stout tourniquet back around the bottom bracket.
Remove the wheel, spin the fork, tie it all up to a stout axle and start twisting the ropes with a lever.

The axle can just be 3/8", but you need a short 1/2" pipe over the 3/8" so you can clamp the fork legs tight together, plus to keep from bending the 3/8" axle. It'll bend a bit so don't use a good axle.

Latest posts

Back