Prewar Shelby Eagle Gamble (Jinxed) Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny you should ask about vents, I just bought 2 stainless clam shell vents off ebay.

I got the front wheel laced last night, hopefully I'll get it trued today.
Kenny
dscn0871.jpg

I love all of the Cobra touches you are adding.
Those boat vents should work great too

I pulled the old Shelby back apart, so I could start removing the paint. Who ever previously painted the bike did an awesome job removing the original paint. The only original paint I found was under the head badge.
I stripped most of the paint off, I was tired of stripping and I needed to spend some time with the wife.
Kenny
dscn0877_2.jpg

dscn0879_2.jpg

Now I'm sure this is what the Shelby looked like yrs. ago.
shelby-eagle.jpg

dscn0881.jpg

I went over my dad's house today to look for a piece of aluminum for my tank panel. I picked up a couple pieces, while walking to the door I spotted this piece of vintage aluminum like the old 50's coolers were made out of. I had to have it.
dscn0880.jpg

My intent was to have a rubber border around the aluminum, but it wouldn't make around the tight corners so I ended up going with approx. a 1/16" air gap around the panel. I don't want the panel setting on the paint.
dscn0882.jpg

Trimmed about a 1/4" off the bottom of the Cobra to get it to fit.

Love the bike love the car. Tell us more about it. I mean it kinda got skipped over like "yea i got a 2000 ford f-150". Lol wait u got a Shelby 500 KR? and whats

The Shelby is mine for the last 32 yrs. I only wish the P-51 was mine. My sisters boss owns the War Birds Museum. All the entries in the carshow had their picture taken with the P-51.

Last edited:
A little history about the Shelby KR. I've owned the KR for 32yrs. I'm the 6th owner. It was sold at McCafferty Ford Trenton NJ.
The KR has 51,000 miles, numbers matching drive train. It has been painted one time 35yrs. ago. All body panels are and interior are original to the car. Current mods are headers and exhaust, Hurst shifter, Detroit Locker posi. Holley 750 double pumper.
marti-report.jpg

img_7162-(small).jpg

kennys-452.jpg

kennys-1013.jpg

I think they are going to be ok.

Most of the paint is off the frame, if I finish the lift on my Bronco this weekend. Hopefully I can put some paint on the Shelby next week.
Kenny
dscn0892.jpg

Latest posts

Back