Pristine matching pair help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I need some help guys and gals...

I nice older lady called me today about her bikes. She has a pair of matching late 71 or early 72 his & hers Schwinn Collegiates. She and her husband are the original owners and have the purchase receipt from 3-25-1972 along with the owners manuals. Both bikes are metallic brown, 5spd, have headlights, taillights, almost no scratches or rust and hav been stored inside a climate controlled garage for the past 10 years. They're all original except for the Schwinn replacement tires.
Is love to have them since they're so nice but I can't. I'm going to help her sell them at the show next weekend.

What do you think would be a good selling price and/or buying price? I'd like to get as much for them as I can. Feel free to ask any questions you have!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'd ask $500 for the pair, and take $400. Some recently retired baby boomer couple with plenty of money will come and snatch them right up! Gary

I was thinking something similar Gary. I thought some Hippie-sters might like them but was only figuring I could ask $300 for the pair and get $250. I'm not getting a dime for helping this nice lady. But if you think I should ask for more, I will. They're on a fixed income and her husband has some medical issues.

I'm with Chips; they look mint which helps, but nothing particularly special, just true Schwinn riders. I think 250$ is a reasonable expectation on the pair depending on the crowd that rolls through. Hang the owners manuals on the handlebars! People love that.

$250 is probably realistic but you can always come down. I'll be interested to see what they go for. Gary

Latest posts

Back