Pro Crastinator…1919 Schwinn built Hawthorne Deluxe Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished up the number plate and brackets this afternoon. I also painted the copper so it would blend in a bit better.
3B3CDDD8-52C6-405F-909E-24E58258080B.jpeg
71DA40EA-F258-4E25-96A9-FCA5A6767C64.jpeg
DD45EFFC-4F9C-42B0-A849-ECEB53C6A66D.jpeg
C7DEFB30-A765-4952-B1C9-1C33F766E5DD.jpeg

Well done Mike! :cool: :cool:

I especially like the last couple of moves to blend in the bar & bracketry to balance/blend the overall look. Nice!

I'm kinda surprised nobody asked why you chose #51. 🤷‍♂️Perhaps they already know....

There's literally nothing about this bike I don't like. The custom fab work, patina'd paint, parts chosen and overall style. Your builds always seem to turn out great and this one is a beauty! Nice work!
Thank you. I a big proponent of the less is more theory. my main consideration, besides getting it done, was….. what would have happpened in 1919 if they had built off road specific bikes From the factory. 😀

I love your experience withy paint, I can barely swing an aerosol....
Thank you. Paint is my bag for sure. Have been doing it for so long, I often times look forward to doing stuff that I don’t have to paint, if you get my drift.

Well done Mike! :cool: :cool:

I especially like the last couple of moves to blend in the bar & bracketry to balance/blend the overall look. Nice!

I'm kinda surprised nobody asked why you chose #51. 🤷‍♂️Perhaps they already know....
Thanks Eric. Much appreciated. I have always enjoyed the influence your friendship and expertise provides. The 51 is how I mark most of my creations Like cars, motorcycles, bikes…etc. It is my old football number From 40 years ago.

ED872209-98B8-4CAD-ACDB-0795DE5C54C3.jpeg

Love it. Too cool. Looks like it would be a fast ride too. Mega respect for pro painters and fabricators.

Love it. Too cool. Looks like it would be a fast ride too. Mega respect for pro painters and fabricators.
Thank you, It’s nice to have an outlet as an artist, that isn’t wrapped up in working with a customer. fun stuff. The bike is very quick, Thinking a two speed kick back hub would be nice.

I’m involved in the musical instrument industry and have a few good friends who are luthiers. I know from them how difficult it can get without ever getting a break.

I have one of those new Sturmey Archer 2 speed kickbacks and its ok but annoying. It changes gears with only a small movement of the pedals. The coaster is pretty weak too.

The SA 3 speed drum brake hub is a good choice but the cables spoil the look of an old bike.

I’m involved in the musical instrument industry and have a few good friends who are luthiers. I know from them how difficult it can get without ever getting a break.

I have one of those new Sturmey Archer 2 speed kickbacks and its ok but annoying. It changes gears with only a small movement of the pedals. The coaster is pretty weak too.

The SA 3 speed drum brake hub is a good choice but the cables spoil the look of an old bike.
Good considerations. I have a sturdy drum 3 speed. Have had it for a while. Maybe with frame shifter or under seat.

Latest posts

Back