Project Schwinn Big Chick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool looking but are they 26 X 1 1/4 ?
They respond in a timely manner so I'd get at them for confirmation but the "Shield" 26 x 1 3/8 on the left looks appropriate. The Shield in that width offers sizes for 19 - 22mm inner rim widths which is the all important measurement.

Last edited:
still messing around with it. it's looking better. need to move the mirrors. get less rusty Schwinn rims.
not sure if I sttick with black wall tires or buy white wall?
Whitewalls that look faded would be good. I left mine out on the patio in the smoke from trash fires and they are a brownish ugly color.

Are those skinny Schwinn 26" rims a different size from standard like the S7's were?

Whitewalls that look faded would be good. I left mine out on the patio in the smoke from trash fires and they are a brownish ugly color.

Are those skinny Schwinn 26" rims a different size from standard like the S7's were?
yup S5 or S6 was used on most 3 speed Schwinn's. what ones I have hard to say. rust is hiding the stamped numbers. but the tires I have seen in all black, white wall or tan wall. will fit either size rim.

They respond in a timely manner so I'd get at them for confirmation but the "Shield" 26 x 1 3/8 on the left looks appropriate. The Shield in that width offers sizes for 19 - 22mm inner rim widths which is the all important measurement.
thank you for the help!

new tires mounted they have the vintage tread pattern of my old tires. best part their 65 PSI verses my old ones that were 35 PSI. so better riding tire. started seeing if I could D rust a rim. wow 😍 loving how it's starting to look now! only did some D rusting on rear rim. have not tried the front yet.
before shot
216378-DSC02808.JPG

after

Attachments

• DSC03236.JPG
    DSC03236.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back