Project unchained... does it belong in the dumpster?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So this is a bike I started three years ago. What do you guys think, should I just scrap it? it's a little heavy and not really very nice and I'm losing motivation fast.

zlptv9.jpg

Re: Project unchained... does it belong in the sumpster?

Make it yard art. There is one a few towns away that a local built, I'll grab a picture when I go by it today ( if I don't have a senior moment! ).
Come to think of it I'll put the pic in the yard art thread.

GL

I would definitely not scrap it !! Since you are losing intrest and motivation how about putting it away and hanging on to it until you regain intrest,it looks great and you obviously have alot of time in it it will be another cool bike in your garage when it's done. Just my thoughts but I bet you'll get alot of offers from guys wanting to take it off your hands and that should tell you something. :D

I think you just need a little competition/inspiration. :wink: Have a look at my bud's brother's bike.

viewtopic.php?t=11293

i think it looks pretty sweet! just need to sandblast and paint! or, hang it up if your still burnt out on it. thats too cool to just get rid of. heres something to inspire you..
http://www.indianlarry.com/
just look thru larry's bikes(under bikes) and look at the chain of mystery bike.. i think this'll help.

it looks almost done....might as well finish it......don't be a quitter :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i would finish it it is to kool to not stretch it out i understand bout getn burnt on it u start workn on it u enjoy it again turn up the radio :mrgreen: :D :p :mrgreen:

dont scrap it that would be just terrible that frame is the bomb :shock:

it takes alot to weld chain like that!! like said before hang it till you get "inspired" again, you have a great start and eddie munster would be proud :D

yee ha, bring it on, my black wicked is waitin, leather and spikes. oh yeah schulls galore. no wonder it's always cold in my bedroom and i thought it was the weather. oh yeah.

Outlaw

I think you have to keep it, it goes so well with your name. Just put it back in the garage or where ever you won't see it everyday. In a month or two you'll be itching to get it back out.

build it....
butch patrick/eddie munster had one he used to ride around the set of the show, but i dont recall it being on the show.
i've seen a pic of him on it(in eddie costume of course), but i cannot find it now.

Wow! Didn't figure this would get so much attention... I'm still not sure what to do with it, though buddha gave me an idea when me mentioned a trike kit...

too cool to scrap. yard art would be a cool way to go with it if you can't get functionality. i know how it is to loose inspiration in a build, ya just gotta keep on imagining how it could end up, and its gonna be heavy by design, but that is a really cool frame you got going an dwe both know its gonna look wicked when its done. good luck.

Latest posts

Back