Proper Head badge for a 1941 Schwinn DX curvebar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am needing a headbadge for my 1941 schwinn DX frame with the curved bar.I am hoping to get a little info on what badges would be correct for this frame--American Flyer,Electric etc etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i suppose if the frame has some unique identifying painted frame darts (like they used on bf goodrich badged bikes, for example) that might give a hint to the 'just right' one- otherwise i don't think there's any way to really know what distributor/retailer badge was on it in 1941...(?)

'planes and trains' was pretty popular, and are often reasonably priced.

'american flyer' from louisville cycle supply used to be a dime a dozen, but i haven't seen many lately...

'excelsior' is popular with the klunker crowd and i think that keeps the price a bit higher.

'ace' is just plain cool- they bring a pretty penny.

'mission' and 'american beauty' seem rare and can be very expensive....

i guess you 'pays your money and makes your choice.'

:wink:

My 41 DX is equipped with "Planes and Trains" badge and "Schwinn" decal on curved downtube..
"Ace" badged bikes typically featured Ace decals-other badges like LaSalle, Majestic, Excelsior and others also featured matching decals. And as is usually the case, there are always exceptions...
6474806027_e6146049e2.jpg

That gets me on the right track.The frame was repainted and I only have the frame so I am clueless to its origins.
There are alot of american flyer types on ebay listed as NOS but alot of people tell me they are repops.
The Ace ones are cool,,ill poke around and see what I come up with.

Latest posts

Back