pulled an old ross out of the scrap pile, google brought me here 😵‍💫

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldude

the Ross lives !
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, I am a 69 yr old guy, retired from 40 yrs of trimming trees (clearing power lines), just getting back into pedal bikes after riding motorcycles for a long time, I suppose as a continuation of the last few years of doing physical therapy after shoulder replacement, knee replacement, & back surgery 😬
I have a couple of bikes that I have acquired lately, but today I remembered an old bike that was from a yard sale many yrs ago, curiosity got the better of me, so I searched a fairly large pile of scrap out back in the weed patch & dragged an old Ross Central Park out, it is in pretty rough shape, so not sure if it will be a project or not, but thought I'd post a pic or two just for grins 😁
20230421_152255.jpg
20230421_152310.jpg
20230421_152541.jpg
20230421_152438.jpg
20230421_152421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2497.jpg
IMG_2503.jpg
IMG_2501.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg

A Ross Europa actual 10 speed. Probably the 70's. Some owner had replaced the factory fork and one of the sidepull brakes. Son was given this bike in non running condition by a neighbor. The front wheel is a replacement wheel gotton from a scrap heap with a wonderful high end hub and aluminum rims. Rear wheel is also replacement with a new Sun CR18 rim all in 27"x1 1/4". Old Suntour derailleurs work great with stem shifter and the front big sprocket is a Ross patent skip tooth for easier shifting. The front two sprockets are the easiest shifting pair I've ever seen. This bike started out like yours in poor but salvageable condition and has been on the road over 10 years now and still going.

View attachment 228953View attachment 228954View attachment 228955View attachment 228956
A Ross Europa actual 10 speed. Probably the 70's. Some owner had replaced the factory fork and one of the sidepull brakes. Son was given this bike in non running condition by a neighbor. The front wheel is a replacement wheel gotton from a scrap heap with a wonderful high end hub and aluminum rims. Rear wheel is also replacement with a new Sun CR18 rim all in 27"x1 1/4". Old Suntour derailleurs work great with stem shifter and the front big sprocket is a Ross patent skip tooth for easier shifting. The front two sprockets are the easiest shifting pair I've ever seen. This bike started out like yours in poor but salvageable condition and has been on the road over 10 years now and still going.
great looking bike ! 😁

Roadsters are cool, lugged frame roadsters are the bees knees….tres cool 😎

Back