Pulled from the scrapper's truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scrapper that comes by my shop had a half dozen junk bikes in the back of his truck last week. I reminded him that if he ever found anything old that I would buy it from him for a fair price. He told me he'd just that morning given away a pre-war Schwinn to a guy in exchange for some of his late-model junk bicycles to scrap. He said he had a couple more older bikes that the other guy didn't want.

I told him I wasn't normally interested in kid's bikes but I bought them from him just to get the idea planted in his head that I would pay cash for old bikes.

39df728535c341487d6bc01a5e045a52.jpg

The girl's bike is an old Montgomery Wards bike. It's pretty complete and even has the plastic flowers on the basket still. I like the tall bars and the 20" 'The Fast One Sport Tire' tires with the raised white lettering. It is exactly like he bikes I remember seeing growing up as a kid.

The other one has been reprinted so I don't have a clue what it is/was. I'm going to post it in the help section to try to ind out more about it. It has 16" solid rubber Firestone tires.

Hopefully this connection with the scrapper will lead to more and better ind in he future.

Latest posts

Back