PVC Fender?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would depend on how much you want to curve it, how thick is the pipe, and how curved it is across the width.

I have done sprinklers, and made lots of little things from PVC for my aquarium projects, and for my little fishing boat, but I have never seen folks make many bicycle parts from PVC.

I was thinking to start with something like this:
3BCB5F21-77A8-4A6B-94DB-A4026AA7C774.jpeg

Nice, what kind of size is that?

You can see where it is a bit deformed on the inside of the bend, but it would make a clean bend since you only need the outer half.

It would be nice to visit a place that sold pipe, to see what they have in stock. We have been visiting a couple of places that sell expanded polystyrene for house insulation, and they do pipe and stuff - but I have never had bikes on my mind anytime we have visited.

Schedule 40, 4” id with a 24” centerline sweep radius. I would have to tighten it up to 14” radius or less. Because of the deformation that will occur, a cheaper 3” sweep might work, once split and ironed out.

The gray stuff is for electrical work as opposed to water, and I think it is more resistant to ultraviolet rays in the unpainted condition. Of course I will sand and paint it if I do this.

Schedule 40, 4” id with a 24” centerline sweep radius. I would have to tighten it up to 14” radius or less. Because of the deformation that will occur, a cheaper 3” sweep might work, once split and ironed out.

The gray stuff is for electrical work as opposed to water, and I think it is more resistant to ultraviolet rays in the unpainted condition. Of course I will sand and paint it if I do this.
Heat in oven and forum it, let cool then cut.........Curt

Latest posts

Back