TRADITIONAL ☆☆Quasi-Motobike...Night ride stills! pg 17☆☆

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two mile test ride over hill and dale to show the guys at the bike shop Quasi-Motobike. Found a photo op on the clinic wall along the way.

received_1133416584597027.jpeg
received_881265307138106.jpeg
received_370128075690214.jpeg
received_1155457515702152.jpeg
received_464111062900527.jpeg
received_987601859345487.jpeg
received_1133416584597027_kindlephoto-39355318.jpg

Very convincing patina match on the light additions! Had I not seen the process, I would never have guessed that it is not all original! Great job!

I forgot about the hocky stick pedal blocks, they look right at home. :thumbsup:

Very convincing patina match on the light additions! Had I not seen the process, I would never have guessed that it is not all original! Great job!

I forgot about the hocky stick pedal blocks, they look right at home. :thumbsup:
Thanks Jim! That means a lot coming from you! The head lamp has been really fun to work on. I am waiting for a nice calm, warm, dark night for some ride vid with the lamp on. Lined up my 'photographer' / ride buddy for that while I was at the shop yesterday.

Something we haven't seen in over a week, the sun coming through the trees as morning breaks. We have had a ton of rain, 16" since May 1 and 3" in the past week. Others around our country have had it much worse. And some with incredible heat for this early in the Summer in the Northern hemisphere. I'm not complaining, mind you. Just really happy to see a clear sky!

Taken from my perch at my desk in the upper level. The screen adds kind of a neat filter to the photo.

back40 upper room view.jpg

Planning for a night ride video this week. And maybe hunt some more photo op locales, then ready for Finished Builds section!

Got Quasi-Motobike out in Lowertown, St Paul, this morning for some Final Photo ops. I will post here for some feedback. I do appreciate your input!
I removed the beer crate and bottles for this shoot. At times I feel the beer is a distraction, *clears throat* from the bike and it's original state. I will include some shots of the beer addition in my FInished Builds thread, just not in the first photo on the thread, which will be used for judging.

Here they are, in no p-RaT-icular order. My first shot was taken on Positively 4th Street, this extension of 4th St in downtown that extends out along the railroad track which lies above this very old limestone boulder wall along this path. Our homeboy, Bob Dylan, wrote Positively 4th Street in 1965.

positively 4th street.jpg

photo 6 finish.jpg

photo 1 finish.jpg

photo 3 finish.jpg

photo 4 finish.jpg

photo 5 finish.jpg

Thanks for playing along! and...RaT oN~!

I agree.
Last pic, but with pedal/cranks turned horizontal

I kind of like the pedals turned the way they are, you can see the custom wood pedal blocks better, and they contrast with the fender and background.

In a 90 deg view I’m always looking for the cranks to be horizontal or in line with the seat tube. But in a 2/3 view I think it’s distracting to have that pedal right in front of the fender seat tube area. Just an opinion
#5. Like the in front of the green door shots. Could improve possibly by getting the bike a bit closer too the door?

Bike looks great. Really nice job.
Agree and agree.

As the Captain said, just rotate 180°. And like Chad said, just a little closer (not much) so that you can crop the red bricks (like pic #4) and still have a little more breathing room.

Good choice leaving off the bottles. And I like the simple green background.

simple_green_versatility.jpg

In a 90 deg view I’m always looking for the cranks to be horizontal or in line with the seat tube. But in a 2/3 view I think it’s distracting to have that pedal right in front of the fender seat tube area. Just an opinion
So horizontal then?

#5. Like the in front of the green door shots. Could improve possibly by getting the bike a bit closer too the door?

Bike looks great. Really nice job.

Agree and agree.

As the Captain said, just rotate 180°. And like Chad said, just a little closer (not much) so that you can crop the red bricks (like pic #4) and still have a little more breathing room.

Good choice leaving off the bottles. And I like the simple green background.

simple_green_versatility.jpg

It's hard to tell from the photos, but that concrete slab in front of the green door is actually a very steep and short (width of a reg sidewalk) driveway and that little lip in front is tbe 'curb'. I tried higher up (closer to the door), but it was so sloped the bike wanted to tip over. That's how I ended up where it is, right where it 'breaks' and levels off is where I had to put the stand.

Back