Question about a Schwinn 10 speed for sale.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is for sale close to me. Guy says he's firm @ $30.00. I think I might buy it. Is it worth it? What year is it? Here's his add with his picture.
"I have another bike for sale. This one is dark green in color. It is an older ten speed bike. Has been in shed for few years but just took a ride on it and tires hold air. I am asking 30 bucks firm please! The brand is schwin and in decent condition."
294741.jpg

Re: Quastion about a Schwinn 10 speed for sale.

I'm going to try and call him tomorrow. I'll post the results here.

I don't know about getting Chicago rates in Sedalia, $30.oo seems more than fair if it is as appears. Can you use it, do you want it, or are you thinking of wheeling and dealing? There's a limited audience for steel ten speeds, especially 1- piece crank models.

I hear what you're saying. Do I need it, no, do I want it, no, will I flip it, maybe. But hey, it's a $30.00 bike, and I still can see the shop floor! :D I'll make the call tomorrow and go from there.

Well, I bought it today for $20.00. It's a Dec. 1972 bike. It's not perfect, but appears to be all original, and will clean up. Whats weird is it doesn't have a front derailer, or appear to ever have had one, it only has provisions for one shifter too. The shifter is on the right side of the neck. So it's a 5spd, but it has two front sprockets like a 10spd, they appear to be original to the bike. I was going to take pictures of it tonight, but the camera wouldn't work. Dead battery I hope. It still has a nice black Schwinn seat. I'm rolling around some ideas for it, but I'll look it over real good tomorrow, then decide what to do with it.

Nice deal!

Bikes like that go for ~$150 around here. I need to hook up with one of you rural middle America guys. Ship me a container of cheap name brand bikes, I'll sell them, and we'll split the profit. :lol:

Latest posts

Back