Question for So.Cal Guys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and the ladie will be in Santa Monica next week. We've planned the usual tourist stuff (Hollywood, Getty Museum, In-n-Out Burger, Family Fued) but I've set aside a whole day to just hop in the car and go north or south on PCH. I want to find nice little mom and pop restaurants and cool non-tourist stuff to do. Any pointers on which way to go and what to look for would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Hey I'm a So Cal Guy for a couple more days. In San Diego right now. A few years ago we drove hiway 1 from Oregon down to Ventura. Just driving along the coast up North was one of our best vacations yet. Of course we did this over several days. For inlanders like ourselves just being near the coast is great. Your bound to have fun no matter what you decide to do.

it depends on what you like to do..

if you like old cars, every friday there is a car cruise in at a old restraunt in burbank called bobs big boy

you can rent bikes on venice beach and ride the "strand" youll see lots of cool bikes too.

tell me what you like and, ill tell you whats cool.. :p

Is Bob's Big Boy anything like Frische's Big Boy with the big boy statue out front? We have those all over Ohio. I definitely plan on renting some cruisers and riding along the boardwalk, going to Santa Monica Pier. I guess I'm looking for "local" things to do. I hate all the tourist traps and just want to see what the local people do and where they eat. If I had it my way I'd fly to Northen California and just drive the PCH to LA, she would'nt go for that. At least I have one day to drive though.

i just read on yahoo today that another huge fire has started near LA. Hope all is well for you guys out there, I might see first hand what you guys go through every year.

Well, taking the red eye to LAX tonight. It seems the fires are somewhat under control, unless some crazy winds come along and start it back up again. I think on Friday we're going to just hop in the car and drive, most likely north. I guess where ever we go, that's where we are. :D

Latest posts

Back