questions about my hawthorne find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Trying to figure out a date on my hawthorne. Also what type of chainguard might of been on it. Its all orignial and only missing the guard. Has a new departure rear hub,rear entry dropouts with axel adjuster screws. Factory delta sealed beam headlight that plugs into the bottom of the horn tank.Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I have the Hawthorne,, Higgins, Elgin book of catalog reprints. I will try and find time later today to look up your bike and post a photo of the page. I have basicly the same bike with chrome fenders and a turn signal carrier. Mine is a 1953.

Looks '52-54 but CWC serials in this era spell it out plain as day if you flip 'er over. Very atypical color. I think I've seen one other.

I finally got all the gunk off the bottom bracket. Serial number is A05204. So i guess its a 1952. I was assuming it was older. Thanks

I THINK that your bike was manufactured in the third quarter of 1949. Sorry for not being terribly clear about the small "w" in the "ACW".

Latest posts

Back