quick'n'dirty rat rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hey folks!
Since it's still too cold outside to do a good paintjob on my Duo-Ma-Tiki project, I decided it was time to throw together some other parts I had.
I had to do some really bad bending on the rear part to have the 24x3.0 tire fit. It still scratches after every ride so I'll have someone rebuild the rear end to make it fit better. Today I got a shortboard fender for the front which still has to be painted.
Maybe I'll try to add some pinstriping to the boards.
The hub is a centrix 3 speed with stick shifter, the seat is originally from the Felt El Guapo

2024396.jpg

i like the mismatched wheels too. don't change it. great looking cruiser.

wanted to add some details so I had another shot on pinstriping.
It's the fourth time I tried it so it's not too fancy but for my rat it'll do the job:
2229586.jpg

2251519.jpg

tomorrow I'll paint the front fender and add some stripes too

Nice! I wish I could pin stripe...Hands too shaky-too much coffee! :mrgreen:
Where'd you get those bars? The're sick!

Wish I had the steady hand you got there. Nice, Really Nice!

Nice lines!

(...personally, I'd paint the front wheel to match, too) :mrgreen:

Wonderful rat rod bike. Looked at it 4 times in 30 minutes. What type of bike is it? A friend of mine has one that was found in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country and apparently it was in storage for 35 years. The photo is attached. We have ben trying to figure out what it is. Was it a popular bike? Was it Germany's answer to the Stingray? Any idea of approximate age. Wonderful job.

German.jpg

Well, I was a kid in Germany during the popular years of the StingRay here, and I can guarantee you they didn't have anything like it back then...

Latest posts

Back