Quite A Scare !!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was awakened by my seven year old daughter crying and gasping for air !!! she had asthma when she was a baby but nothing since then other than allergy related, the ambulance arrived very quickly and gave her breathing treatments, my wife was beyond freaked out, she rode in the ambulance on the way and I followed, met my brother in law / Pastor at the hospital and prayed over her. They took xrays and other tests and determined her chest was clear. It was all in the throat area and diagnosed as crupe ??? ,usually babys have it more but her throat is a little small still, so five days of antibiotics and we will see, but she's staying home a couple days just to be safe. I just thank the Lord for watching over her.

Glad to hear she's okay.

I hate the crupe...two of my girls have had it and it's not fun. We also ended up in the E.R. with one of our daughters the first time it happened...she was young though.

Yes, glad that she is okay. Just like you guys we had them same thing happen with our son. We took him into the urgent care clinic after a sleepless night. They told us to go straight to the ER.

It seems all parents have stories like this.

We always used the hot shower trick to steam up the bathroom and that helped. We also invested in some cool mist humidifiers for their rooms.

The bad thing is that it just gets worse when they get upset and start crying which is impossible to avoid when you feel like you can't breathe! :shock:

Here in the North, we use Cold air.

One of the most effective things is for the child to breathe cold air. Since croup often occurs in the winter and at night, just going outside for 10 to 15 minutes can do wonders. The cold air decreases the swelling of the windpipe. Bundle your child up really well, and let her breathe the cold air.

It happened 20 years ago to my youngest son. At the hospital they put him in a plastic tent with vaporizors to keep the air cool and moist. To entertain him they gave him a Nintendo. We couldn't coax him out of the tent to go home after he was well.

glad to hear she is ok. i had an asthma attack about 12 years ago, never had asthma until working at a forging factory, nonetheless that is by far the worst-helpless feeling anyway can ever have not being able to breathe! hope everything continues to go well for her.

Latest posts

Back