racked and stemed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
swap meet sunday - got this paperboy rack and a stem. i'm wondering if these racks were reproduced @ some time, or if this is an older piece. looks to have never been painted. anyhow, looks like a good way to add a few pounds to a bike. i'm thinking the stem will go well on a klunker i'll someday build.
DSC04526.jpg

The Rack looks like a 8th grade Metal class project..Just sayin.. :wink:

jaydub said:
The Rack looks like a 8th grade Metal class project..Just sayin.. :wink:

if this is an 8th grade project, the industrial arts have come a long way since i was in jr. high :p . now i just need to decide to paint or not to paint...

DSC04529.jpg

DSC04528.jpg

DSC04527.jpg

looks just like the one on this craigslist ad...
3n83k83l65T25Q35R6b6t4404a192402617d3.jpg

I guess not..Certainly a heavy duty one for sure..!

i have sum of these racks i use them on prewar bikes they r old n cool i was told that the racks that have 2 axle bolt on holes were made by wald back in the day if they have 1 set of holes they were elgin ...etc

Look again at the one on the craigs list add. Its a far cry (production wise) from that one. I,m gonna go out on a limb here and say repro. I have had a couple of the old school OG's. The biggest differences I see are the angular break bends, rather than the smooth roll bends. Also the pannier sides are thinner gauge rolled material rather than heavier gauge flat material. And as you pointed out, riveted together rather than bolted together.Looks like it would hold up O.K. but American made it aint! :wink:

Latest posts

Back