Radchen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut in the BB, and got it welded out.
IMG_3213.JPG

Are you concerned at all about your center of gravity ? It looks from your sketch that it’s all over your rear axle. Will the front end be super light? Wheelie machine ?
It's a danger, but if it's too bad, I'll address it, and figure out a way to move the seat up in a way that looks good.

I love the lines so far. Those mid tubes are giving off a little Higgins or X53 vibe.

Dude! Amazing work!
To me, it embraces the looks of ‘space era’ bikes, but brought forward to today. Love it.

Can’t wait to see what the front end is going to look like!

Question, is the seat going to be on some sort of sliding mechanism to allow front-rear adjustment?

I love the lines so far. Those mid tubes are giving off a little Higgins or X53 vibe.
I have no way to appreciate any of these inside comments about bikes I’ve never seen, but clearly this is a very cool design.

I could probably even ride it, for about five minutes, it but then I am not 6’-4” with size 13 shoes.

I am watching with great anticipation to see this machine in motion.

I have no way to appreciate any of these inside comments about bikes I’ve never seen, but clearly this is a very cool design.

RRB is a great resource for that. It's where I've learned a great deal about different vintage bike models over the years.

1657307674621.png

Well, this is where I really wanted the seat to live, but as you can guess, I just can't get it to stop from flipping up, even if I weigh down the front end. So, reluctantly, I'll have to cut off the seat, and move it forward.
IMG_3222.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG

Latest posts

Back