Radchen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, Geil! Here the Radchen sits with the seat in a position to stay two wheels down, adjustable bars on, and looking low. This thing rides, and all that’s left really is to place the shifter for the 3 speed Nexus. I haven’t even tested to see if it fits in the back seat yet. Haha. Guess I should check that.
IMG_3342.JPG
IMG_3343.JPG
IMG_3344.JPG
IMG_3345.JPG
IMG_3346.JPG

I’m dying to see a video of you ride this.
+1

Beautiful shape and I enjoy that bare metal colour at this point.

The seat is probably made for you and in a fixed position. I hope this rides very comfortable.

And... what are your plans about those reflectors in the wheels? :D

Considering the riding position (with your center of gravity being down and forward) and with the bars dropped the way you currently have them, it could be ‘awkward’ or even difficult/dangerous to take your hand very far off the bars to switch gears.
Maybe consider (although they are ugly) a grip shifter or possibly a bar-end style?
Except, you may not be keen on drilling those bars to run cables through them to use bar-ends.
The only place on the frame close enough, would be where the downtube meets the ‘cantilevers’

This is DEFINITELY one of my favorite builds this year!

I’m dying to see a video of you ride this.
I'll try to remember to make one.

+1

Beautiful shape and I enjoy that bare metal colour at this point.

The seat is probably made for you and in a fixed position. I hope this rides very comfortable.

And... what are your plans about those reflectors in the wheels? :D
I should probably take them off. haha. just like them, but haven't bothered to do anything about it yet.

Bravo! :41:

Another Alchemist Custom Bicycles' classic! Your work never disappoints!

Do you have plans to paint it?
I'm considering a clear powder coat.

Considering the riding position (with your center of gravity being down and forward) and with the bars dropped the way you currently have them, it could be ‘awkward’ or even difficult/dangerous to take your hand very far off the bars to switch gears.
Maybe consider (although they are ugly) a grip shifter or possibly a bar-end style?
Except, you may not be keen on drilling those bars to run cables through them to use bar-ends.
The only place on the frame close enough, would be where the downtube meets the ‘cantilevers’

This is DEFINITELY one of my favorite builds this year!
As you pointed out, there are issues with a shifter on the bars, as they may not work well if I change the bar placement. I'm thinking the shifter will be nestled between the two cantilever bars just forward of the seat tube.

This build is so cool. I see shades of art deco like the Rocketeer in this build.
View attachment 200954
Thanks, I am indeed a big fan of dieselpunk and art deco.

This really came out so well! Excellent execution at every level so far! Not only is it practical, but it looks so stylish and cool. I like the idea of clear powder. Are you going to put one of your cool headbadges on it?
I like how it fit in the car too. Maybe next time just flip it around so that the greasy chain side of the bike is towards the front and not against the rear seats.
BRAVO!

Superb ride vid! High 'cool factor' in this build. Show stopper!

Just an awesome bike, it has both form and function. For the front wheel, I like the idea of finding some butterfly nuts, or maybe consider swapping in a QR hub or just a skewer to replace the solid axle? QR pedals, QR front wheel, gold the bars and BOOM!
👍🏼

Radchen turned out awesome! I think if you could use a quick-release axle or butterfly nuts like you mentioned, that would help with easily removing the front wheel. I think the bike would look great with a satin clear or even a silver powder coat. Can't wait to see the final result!

Latest posts

Back