Raleigh BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I know very little about BMX. What do I have?

EC4F67D5-E176-48E7-B4C3-15E275533A71.jpeg

Rampar was the Raleigh brand name for the first couple years of Raleigh's Asian Made PARts, bikes and accessories in the late 1970s. But I don't recall the Rampars we sold having the R in the frame. So maybe a Raleigh R10 from the early 1980s. That was the color matching time. it was the fad then that many parts were available in colors to match including anodized aluminum bits. Blue seat and stem suggests the bike was blue when new. There was a mag version but those wheels look to be original. 1980 to 1982 for the R cutout.

Trek, Schwinn and Raleigh all showed the same behavior.. Their early Asian bikes were branded as Jazz, World and Rampar respectively. After a couple years, those made up brand names got dumped once they got over the embarassment of getting their bikes from Japan or China(s).

Last edited:
From BMXMUSEUM...

"During the 1970s, Raleigh of Nottingham sold Huffy the US rights to the Raleigh brand. The Rampar name comes from the acronym; RAleigh AMerica PARts and was originally used as the brand name for all parts distributed by Raleigh U.S.A."

🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Back