Ramblin' Guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a CCM built Rambler, late '30s I believe at this time and has popped up on Craigslist a couple of times to tempt me.
Today in my morning haze, I made the call and an offer.
An hour later I rode home on my first CCM built twin bar.
and yes, there was a seat on it when I rode home, just not much of one to show you all.
The Zeiss light has a decent shell, lense and reflector but does suffer from internal issues.

Nice find! It's odd to me that this bike is NOT skiptooth. When did CCM switch over?

I honestly don't know, maybe they've always used 1/2"? I've never seen a 1" pitch in my travels.
This bike is likely an early forties Rambler Motorbike model(IDd by Chrome/stripe rims).
The hubs on the dozen or so of the '40s CCMs I've handled have all only had a patent date stamp of 1937.
These old bikes are great rides with the nice upright position and 28" rims, but have never really held my attention for long.
They were made locally to me, so are still fairly plentiful and inexpensive. I've had a few CCM camel backs, step thrus and a 2 speed (dbl rear sprocket) Rambler a couple of years back.
This is my first twin bar/truss fork CCM find as they are somewhat less common.
I rolled her out for clean and assesment and noticed the roached crankside pedal had been welded to the arm otherwise the rest is as it should be.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back