Ranger (Spaceliner)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I saw this on cragislist yesterday for only $25. I thought that I had missed it when I never heard back from the seller. Turns out, he was just slow answering email. I picked it up with the other chrome bike. I think this is the same bike that another guy was trying to sell for $200 last year.

Now that's a deal. Super cool bike.... great score. 8)

Here is a better photo

$25 is a bargain!

For Spaceliners and their cousins:
25-100 for a rusty painted girls with rigid fork is the norm.
boys, double the price.
add chrome, double the price
add a stock springer fork, double the price
add rust free, double the price.

so a mens, with springer fork, chrome, no rust, can run $1000

That rack is worth more than you paid for the whole bike! good deal. And the crank hub cap is there. :shock: NICE find!

outskirtscustoms said:
That rack is worth more than you paid for the whole bike! good deal. And the crank hub cap is there. :shock: NICE find!

This will be parted out on ebay somewhere in the near future. But soon "FireWing" will take precedence over flip bikes. 8 Days to Go!

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

This will be parted out on ebay somewhere in the near future. But soon "FireWing" will take precedence over flip bikes. 8 Days to Go!

Even though my username is "partguy" I never have parted out a near-pristine specimen to restore some rusty piece of junk I'm trying to "fix". But it's your bike now...

partsguy said:
kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Even though my username is "partguy" I never have parted out a near-pristine specimen to restore some rusty piece of junk I'm trying to "fix". But it's your bike now...

No worries, the bike will probably be staying in one piece. I usually don't feel bad at all about parting out ANY ladies bikes. But I do like the way this one is all there, and it has so many cool parts.

If you are referring to my 1953 Columbia 3 Star as a rusty piece of junk, well that's another discussion that requires words I am not allowed to say on this forum. :mrgreen: . Plus, I never said I was parting it out to fund my build off bike. My hobby is funded mostly by nondescript bikes that I flip.
I think that's the first time I have heard someone on THIS forum refer to a bike as a rusty piece of junk. :shock: Rust is a color dude!!!

I've been so busy with work and exams these last few weeks, I don't even know who's building what and who's cheatin who. .... But I said "rusty piece of junk" as a broad term for any rotted-out bike that somebody (such as myself or whoever) dragged out of the scrapyard, a barn, or was sunk in the dirt of a shed and wants to spend untold amounts of time and money to either bring back to rider condition or to completely restore. Not directed at you personally!

I mean, ladies frame Sears Spaceliners are very common, and there is usually at least 3 or 4 on eBay at any given time, but the Murray and Ranger badged variants seem to be much more scarce no matter the frame style.

And if there is no such thing as a truely "junk" bike, then you have not seen the heaps I've gotten in before! Most notable my step-dad's old bikes, a rusted-out (through the FRAME rusted out!) 1972 Rapido Super Deluxe with a 3-speed console shifter, Sturmey-Archer rear hub, and a 3-piece crank (rusted into 1 piece now). There was also his '67 Hawthorne convertible that was wrecked and left to rot in the shed; the fork was smashed and split like a banana peel!

No problem. Sorry I got in a wad and took it personal.
I have seen plenty of true Junk bikes too, but I knew that my 53 isn't one.
I understand where you're coming from now. No worries here.

:shock: I seen that almost exact bike here in Flordia at a bicycle show but this had the works all chrome,springer,nothing was missing and the weirdest hand grips that fit your fingers.I love these bike style and class. :roll: Now if i could of afford 80 dollars for that one i seen last year lol

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
$25!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lucky guy :mrgreen:

UPDATE: Along with the Ranger, I bought a like new ladies silver 3 speed city bike with generator hub for $50. My co-worker was looking for a bike for his daughter-in-law, so I sold him the silver bike for $75 just to recoup what I paid for both bikes. END RESULT: He gets a deal on a bike for his DIL and I get the Ranger FOR FREE!!!!!

Well played. I just scored 4 bikes for $40, I hope to sell The Haro for $50, probably scrap out the two kids bikes and keep the Huffy Super Thunder Pro 24! Or if the right offer comes along I might sell it to add to my bike fund.

Latest posts

Back