Rat Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started this build under the bike build topic but got sidetracked at work and made little progress. So I thought I would move it here and join the fun in the build off. Nothing groundbreaking in this build. Just trying to make it simple and more like a ratted bobber than a chopper. Just to summarize again. Started life as a Toys R Us West Coast chopper that was lime green with nasty stickers all over it (sorry no pictures of it like that). Got on C/L for $50. I took off the fenders, chain guard, stripped the paint and painted it black and rode it like that for a while. Now I want to make some mods and do a repaint.
How it was after I stripped and painted and changed the bars and seat.
IMG_0229-1.jpg

First coat of paint
CIMG0873.jpg

Rear before cut
CIMG0874.jpg

Rear after cut
CIMG0875.jpg

Painted. I want to go with the red flat primer look.
CIMG0894.jpg

More to come.

Thanks for the comments. I am not running the fork in the picture. The tires in the picture are 24 x 3 Kenda Flames. I am going to run the 24 x 3 on the rear and I have a Nirve Bada** 26 x 2.125 Flame tread that I am going to run on the front.
I found and pulled this photo off the internet to show what it originally looked like when I brought it home.
WestCoastDynacraftAdultChopperBicyc.jpg

Picture of the wheels. Although I think that I am going to swap the front rim for one that is more true. I am having a hard time truing this one.
CIMG0897.jpg

Last night I did a quick mock up on the rear tire and found that the tire is rubbing the chain, so I need to offset the rear sprocket about 1/8 in. or so to clear. I know that I can get an offset sprocket from Choppers US, but anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.
CIMG0900.jpg

I have been keeping up with all of the other builds and am humbled by the talent on this site. My build is pretty straight forward with really no frame mods. Inspiration for the paint and overall look comes from the "Firebike" website. They have incredible looking bikes and I love the paint scheme on the Fluid Roadster. I am blacking out all chrome to try and get close to that look for a fraction of the price.
This picture is of the completed front end
CIMG3037.jpg

Here is the first leather grip that I made today. Should have the other finished tomorrow
CIMG3038.jpg

Still waiting on some parts for the drivetrain.

thats really cool! I have one of these in yellow and its cool to see what some people are doing to them. Looking good so far keep it up.

Thanks for the sprocket suggestion! Definitely will keep that in mind for the future. I am going to attempt to adapt something with a skip in it or something like that. :wink:

Lavrente said:
thats really cool! I have one of these in yellow and its cool to see what some people are doing to them. Looking good so far keep it up.

Thanks! I have not seen anyother color except the green. Another has been on C/L recently a couple of times but they want waaay to much. I am waiting for them to come down in $$ and maybe pick it up for a more radical build. This frame is really comfortable to ride and is different from the other available stock stretch frames. :D

Thanks! I have not seen anyother color except the green. Another has been on C/L recently a couple of times but they want waaay to much. I am waiting for them to come down in $$ and maybe pick it up for a more radical build. This frame is really comfortable to ride and is different from the other available stock stretch frames. :D[/quote]

Oh yea I love the bike I actually picked mine up at a garage sale for 35 I love it, although I need to redo the rear hub it slips if you press to hard on it and its not grabbing when you brake.

DSCF2038.jpg

That is a better color than the green for sure. My hub was doing the same thing. I don't think they are of the highest quality. That reason and the fact that I wanted to run a 26" on the front is why I have gone with other rims.

I like this frame design much better than the first WCC bike. Have these been out for a while? With 24 inch wheels, it should be a little more adult friendly.

No, but that is a good idea. I will experiment and see what it looks like. You can't really see it in the picture, but the front forks and braces are wrapped also.

Latest posts

Back