Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #17: Let's Go!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I will be in Italy for the first month of BO17, I wonder if I should build my TSP Oldster frame (Italian made) this year. :D

View attachment 191084
i'd probably be digging through thrift stores and scrapyards looking for old Campagnolo groupsets.

I will be in Italy for the first month of BO17
Playing rope a dope to let us think we're getting somewhere. Then, when we're all tired out..
ultimate-ali-vs-foreman-photo-222-bright-crop.jpg

"it's about creating". Yeah, that's my problem, sort of - it looks like I won't be too creative this time. A stubborn seller refusing to accept my reasonable offers even after relisting the item, made me reconsider the need to look for parts online and look at at what I have built in my bikes. I basically have a bike that can get my new frame. So it should be over quickly and painlessly for me. It simply has all the parts I need minus a headset. Funny, considering once I took final pictures on a rainy day, a few hours before the end.

I'll probably be on the sidelines. Having shoulder surgery in a few weeks and by the time I'm healed from that about June we'll be going full bore on our new property. Digging septic, adding fill to get an additional 5' of elevation where the new slab for the 16x40 shed will be going, cutting a driveway

Actually I'll probably be thinning my hoard of stuff very soon. Curb alert!!!! 😂
Be careful after surgery. I had it done around 2015. Don’t do anything they tell you not to do. It’s hard to not be able to lift a gallon of milk but you can end out with permanently damaged biceps if you ignore the directions. Mine turned out amazing, but the guy who did it only fixes shoulders and elbows and is on staff of the Milwaukee Brewers. I asked some buddies, who are physical therapists, who had the best results before having it done. This was unnecessary and extreme as I had just common problems and it was my first shoulder repair. This guy can fix shoulders that’s already had up to three prior failures, other surgeons multiple failures, stuff like that.

Be careful after surgery. I had it done around 2015. Don’t do anything they tell you not to do. It’s hard to not be able to lift a gallon of milk but you can end out with permanently damaged biceps if you ignore the directions. Mine turned out amazing, but the guy who did it only fixes shoulders and elbows and is on staff of the Milwaukee Brewers. I asked some buddies, who are physical therapists, who had the best results before having it done. This was unnecessary and extreme as I had just common problems and it was my first shoulder repair. This guy can fix shoulders that’s already had up to three prior failures, other surgeons multiple failures, stuff like that.
My guy does work for the Carolina Panthers so I'm very hopeful. It's just a partial labrum tear and some capsulitis to clean up. Hopefully fix it once and for all. Been damaged for well over a year now.

My guy does work for the Carolina Panthers so I'm very hopeful. It's just a partial labrum tear and some capsulitis to clean up. Hopefully fix it once and for all. Been damaged for well over a year now.
Right guy for sure. Mine was also messed up for a long time. I don’t have a recliner and that was miserable. If you don’t have one, borrow one, otherwise you can’t sleep.

I know right. I just sold this yesterday. I'm pretty sure Doug has just been waiting for us to finally have another event so he could talk me out of it. Plus he gave the bride away at my wedding and it will get to hang out with Clyde and Caymi and the rest of the cool kid bikes at shows now so... i wouldn't want it any other way. It's a shame I forgot my phone yesterday and didn't get any pictures. I had to hook up jumper cables to my bike so i could honk the horn and turn on the lights.
View attachment 191017View attachment 191018View attachment 191019View attachment 191021
Congrats on your recent wedding... Been their done that, once... Really LOVIN your really cool bikes and trikes... Good luck in the build off... RaToN.... Razin...

If anyone is thinking along the lines of a Klunker, here is some cool history and inspiration for ya.......

That movie clip is really cool. It answers a lot of questions I’ve had about klunkers and mountain bikes. I have always enjoyed biking. But only recently got interested in the why and how of building, modifying and restoring bikes. Basically about 10 years ago. Now that my business is built I have more time to pursue the hobby. Man, to have had that laid back attitude when I was young. I’m a little envious. Lol

I’m thinking of entering. I already started on disassembly. It’s a track bike from the 1890s and it’s all stuck. It’s been crashed hard, bent crank pedal frame and bars. Probably a two month job to soak and remove parts, plus it’s twisted and dented and will need to be straightened. Nothing is standard, pedal wrench doesn’t fit, gooseneck and bars screw together, the gooseneck is wedgeless, the headset has a pinch bolt instead of the gooseneck wedge and the crank, well, that’s a two piece Thompson style that I haven’t figured out how to get apart after the nuts and bolts finally move sometime in the future. Its so cold I cant go outside to work on bikes for more than five minutes so the bike is 70 miles away in my daughters basement soaking in penetrating oil. My son in law is occasionally refreshing the penetrant. It snowed yesterday and all night. We have a roaring gale and fresh snow going on now. As parts come off I’ll soak to remove rust. I probably won’t finish in time. Parts are hard to find and everything is slow and time consuming. I ordered spokes, tires and cork for grips.

Random shouting out at people who I don't recall having expressed interest.
@hamppea
@youthegeye
@Jake sensei
@CruJones
@Jude Ephesus
@marshall hudson
@sandman
@Oldbiscuit
@Brian macumber
@rev106
@Rev Paul
@Skydreamer
Some of the tags don't seem to be working, membership rolls may have been purged. Anyone have real world contact info? Gotta get our team assembled!
@kingfish254 I know you have that direct line to JakeView attachment 191166

That is strange how the autofill links aren't working right. That link for jake isn't right.
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/members/jake-sensi.10698/

Latest posts

Back