Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
344D4B08-1286-4789-95A6-85A24C0162BC.jpeg

My favorite car. Could not resist.

Here is a Datsun 620 from my childhood. That truck brings me mixed feelings. I remember standing up in the cab while my mom or dad drove. The ole arm across the body was the only seat belt. When I got older, we took that truck two hours up to Salina Kansas to hunt. With a topper on at the time, my brother and I would ride backwards in the bed in bean bags, with the guns and ammo, and the birds when we came back. The worst was getting waken early in the morning to go hunting in Salina, eating donuts on the way, and getting sick once the ā€œrideā€ was over. Dad was not a happy man when we arrived ill, but he kind of set it up that way. Oh the memories. Im the shirtless kid, standing with my cousins that lived a couple blocks away. Behind that broken garage door, sits my first car. 1968 Mustang that I drove through high school.
6D7B4DDB-6E34-44B0-B520-258802E3EF6E.jpeg

Here is a Datsun 620 from my childhood. That truck brings me mixed feelings. I remember standing up in the cab while my mom or dad drove. The ole arm across the body was the only seat belt. When I got older, we took that truck two hours up to Salina Kansas to hunt. With a topper on at the time, my brother and I would ride backwards in the bed in bean bags, with the guns and ammo, and the birds when we came back. The worst was getting waken early in the morning to go hunting in Salina, eating donuts on the way, and getting sick once the ā€œrideā€ was over. Dad was not a happy man when we arrived ill, but he kind of set it up that way. Oh the memories. Im the shirtless kid, standing with my cousins that lived a couple blocks away. Behind that broken garage door, sits my first car. 1968 Mustang that I drove through high school.
View attachment 225795
Awesome story and photograph!!

Ian, was it you or Luke that has a real life resto of the 510?
My first car was a 1970 B-510 wagon. Loved that car!
My dad had a '68 (I think) B-510 back in the mid '80's. He lived on the Olympic Peninsula and would have groups of Japanese tourists taking pictures every time he went into Seattle. It was apparently quite the collector car in Japan, even with miniature Vice-Grips hanging down while clamping two of the brake lines shut...

Latest posts

Back