rat rod paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a question for the bodymen and painters, I have an older S-10 that I use for work it is black and is getting beat up. If I were to wet sand, with say 400 or 600 grit paper would it give the appearance of flat black paint? It needs some body work and I was hoping to just touch it up with a rattle can and then wet sand that too to help it blend in.

if you wet sand it it would get rid of the shine but......it wouls also soak up moisture so i wouldnt advise it.
as for blending in rattle can......you could do it but most likely itd look just like you did that.
if you want a suede look that will keep out moisture and be easy to spot in.....id just sand the whole thing down with 320 and shoot it with a black epoxy primer(just be aware that you need to wear a respirator*not just a dust mask* thats is for use with organic vapors when shooting it since most of them contain isocynates which can really mess up your nervous system

and if you shoot it flat black and it gets too faded just clean it with wd40. sensor showed me that one and wow it works great

Latest posts

Back