RAT the RAINBOW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm in with this Shelby built (love me some Shelbys) rainbow frame. No badge, no wishbone, may have been a Western Flyer. Like the name says, it will be ratted to the best of my ability.
P5010027.JPG

Shock Ease fork pieced together from at least two other forks. Needs work.
P5010028.JPG

This was also a failed attempt during the WBO 2018. I'll try harder this time.

Ok, I'm in with this Shelby built (love me some Shelbys) rainbow frame. No badge, no wishbone, may have been a Western Flyer. Like the name says, it will be ratted to the best of my ability.View attachment 230113
Shock Ease fork pieced together from at least two other forks. Needs work.
View attachment 230114
This was also a failed attempt during the WBO 2018. I'll try harder this time.
Seat, bars, pedals and some air in the tires and you’re done! :21:

Double Bars are one of my favorite style. Had a half dozen of them over the years and rode the snot out of em every one. Still running the last two. Broke one, got another and 'fixed' the one i broke..

Had todo a doubletake on the lower bar. Thought it was small until I realized the white paint.

Nice solid set of parts. Can't wait to see how it changes.

There is just a certain coolness about the Shelbys. Great starting point for sure.

The feathered guard is nice focal point...

Double Bars are one of my favorite style. Had a half dozen of them over the years and rode the snot out of em every one. Still running the last two. Broke one, got another and 'fixed' the one i broke..

Had todo a doubletake on the lower bar. Thought it was small until I realized the white paint.

Nice solid set of parts. Can't wait to see how it changes.
Yeah, I was told that the frame had been powder coated at one time. I had tried to sand it off during the wbo 2018. I think that's part of what put me off from finishing. I couldn't get all aggressive with it down in my basement.

Looking good! I like the leather seat but the bare metal seat has a better profile, just a little sleeker looking. Both bars look good to me but the second set looks more comfortable.

Latest posts

Back