RatRodBikes Tribute-Schwinn Wasp

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Got this bike in the massive lot of schwinn stuff i got a while back.
Started work on it about 2 days before the build off ended.
cameragate117.jpg

I sold the rack, and im not using the front rack.
cameragate119.jpg

heres some progress photos from when i started:

Heres a mockup, loved the look of the wheels and tires(which i ripped off a murray jetfire)
cameragate130.jpg

cameragate131.jpg

cameragate137.jpg

Bare
cameragate138.jpg

cameragate139.jpg

Primed
cameragate144.jpg

Painted
cameragate145.jpg

and heres the progress of trying to remove the paint off the guard/fender with spray thinner i had(which burns like HECK when you get it on your lip and forhead....i dont know how i accomplished this)
cameragate142.jpg

cameragate135.jpg

cameragate136.jpg

cameragate140.jpg

cameragate141.jpg

cameragate143.jpg

Im kind of upset...i got the paint allll done and looking pretty, then some guy knocked my frame off and put huge scratches in the paint...just got along to repainting the bike today(after my dad smoothed the scratches out)

so far i got the fork painted, the frame and im moving on to the guard. Might be able to finish the bike this weekend...but im not sure

Oh...forgot to mention little details.

For the neck, i have a cool bmx neck that apparently came off a Mongoose(old school)...looks like a motorcycle neck

for the rear fender(i dont think im going to put on a front) i have carbon fiber sticker paper. I had it for a while, and i was going to use it for a MGS4 themed bike(coming soon)

for the guard, the wing on the front is going to have white wings with black outline, maybe some detail in the carbon fiber. the rest of the guard is going to be black, with a RRB logo

Well...i geuss im selling the bike. Some guy saw it...and fell in love.

Its not even done!
and he wants it...really bad. Lol

He put $50 down so i can finish it...and hes going to pay $100 later...so $150 total...
But...he said i can put my logo on the chainguard and keep the ratrodbike stuff on it...so theres lots of advertising.

Im keeping the wheel rat rod sticker i have
ericspics024-2.jpg

Black frame and fork would look good with the original paint guard and fenders. I gotta remember that.

ericspics050.jpg

ericspics051.jpg

Allright, the wheels i put on the first time apparently didnt brake enough(did for me...but ill know they dont stop good when i fly through an intersection that says dont walk)
so i gave him a set of bendix wheels(not pictured) then i replaced the neck

Still need to finish the guard for the guy.

He helped me buy a new laptop i might be getting tomorrow

Latest posts

Back