Rattle Can color close to this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for brands / colors close to this vintage-style green?
dsc01702.jpg

Duplicolor Self Etching Primer is pretty well a match. Clearcoat it and it would probably be what you want.

I want to say Krylon, I was checking out the colors in Wal mart and noticed they had a few new vintagey-looking shades! ~Adam

check it...whenever i have a small job and don't feel like whipping out the guns and firing up the compressors, I mosy on over to my local PPG supplier and have some rattle cans mixed in whatever shade I need. doesn't cost much, you'll save money in the long run when compared to the cost of materials with the gun/compressor setup. you can even get polyurethane clear mixed ala rattle can, but you better spray within 4hrs, or you'll have one heavy ... can. and don't fret about the nozzles, the rep at the counter will set you up with the right ones as well as proper feed tubes within the can.

also, if you can bring a sample, it will be matched. but make sure to get enough for the whole job, and some touch up as well. because even though the color will be the same, if it is from a different batch/mix it is garaunteed to be off a touch.

hope that helps

Latest posts

Back