Ratty enough?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Driving past the junkyard, I saw my old 1960 F100 from 1987. It was ratty then, but now it's the ugliest truck in Florida, maybe the whole country. For sale as parts now.

Still has the Y block 292 V8 and granny 4 speed. Looks like they bondoed it with oatmeal.

2dlq8zp.jpg

I don't know, I've seen worse on the road around here. Course I live in the rusty crusty part of the country.

I own a 1973 F100 that came to me through my mechanic from the family that bought it new in 73. The original receipt, manual, and complete history is in the glove box. Even has the original drive train, C-6 3 speed auto with 360 motor, with a little over 80,000 original miles on it. It has some bad body repairs done to it as well and it needs the cab supports replaced in the near future. But it runs and drives well. The paints only about six years old so it looks fairly decent even with the bad bondo repairs.

This truck was the high school shop project in Milton Florida around 1985. I bought it for 900 and it will still start up according to the junkyard guys. I now have a 1983 F100, last year for the F100, with a 300 six and 3 on the tree shift. It has some blowby so it may be getting a 302.

Latest posts

Back