rayguns and space shooters!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he guys/gals i need alittle help. i have to make some cheap rayguns for a pinup photoshoot. the operative word is cheap!
i need 4 or 5 and each needs to be very different. you guys are about the most creative bunch i know when it comes to recycling junk. (and i mean that in a good way) hoping you can help with idea's.

trying to come up with a list of cheap used items i can turn into rays. (to give to the photographer to locate/purchase.) figured with the space bike build off happening, it might even inspire a couple of you to build your own.

heres my first . (just gotta finish the trigger guard)

i took a trip to habbitat for humanity (recycled building supplies) and picked up an old brass faucet and a dual bulb track light type fixture ($10 in total)
IMG_4155.jpg

the only part of the light i used where 2 stainless shades (they make the globe in the middle of the gun)
IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

any help generating a list of item's i can recycle would be greatly appreciated. the bigger the list, the better. i imagen the photographer wont find everything. keep in mind, the stranger/wierder, the parts, the better. we want rayguns that aren't easily recognized as recycled junk..

so put on your thinking caps if you so please.
thx guys i appreciate the help.

flash gorden would be proud,,,, i love it i can't wait to see what else you come up with.....

The closest I ever came is a 8" side by side ZIP GUN Shotgun made out of an old hacksaw handle and a coupla pipes...

l. m. a. o!

while i was making the raygun, a close friend of mine said" oh i got this pink rubber hose, that would work perfetly for space fluid." (ie the pink inside the 2 rubber hoses on the front of the gun)

judging by the smell, i'd say it came from a dorm room space shooter also. :)
took alittle scrubbing to get the inside clean.

edit, when did rrb start editing l. m. a. o. i had to space it out to beat the system and the dreaded " blank" word.
darn that censorship :p :) :p

thx,
:D i'm actually starting #2, which will be alittle more steampunk than the first (thx to the above link) :D

you have to definitely post more pics of your new ray guns.... i can't wait to see more....

Latest posts

Back