Re: CYCLE-LEG, bike parts for legs and FINGERS Updated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
that's fantastic.

Edit:: I am hijacking Ian's post as I accidently deleted my first post. Clancy :oops:

http://solidsmack.com/design/cycle-leg- ... 0-bicycle/

cycle-leg-brantley-al-01-630x716.jpg

Re: CYCLE-LEG, bike parts for legs

Very cool, the only part that needs more work is the boot, that would rub people's nub raw or cut into it.

I found a prosthetic leg in a dumpster about 7 years ago, it was very cool. Anodized aluminum lower leg, titanium knee joint, some cool little tension cables. The leg was fully adjustable, the boot, foot, leg shaft, were all changeable for different sized people. The thing was, I couldn't find a company that took them and refit them for people here or abroad. Something that costs thousands of dollars (probably tens of thousands to insurance) just sitting in a dumpster. I suspect the person got an upgrade or died and it was just thrown out... it was a sort of surreal thing to find in a dumpster. :shock: Anyway, a few years ago my wife threw it away when I wasn't looking.

I always wondered if someone out there collected them and retooled them, I guess not since this guy is making them out of bicycle parts. :?

In louisiana it's against the law to hang a man with a wooden leg.................................you got to use a rope!

dragnusa said:
yoothgeye said:
Very cool, the only part that needs more work is the boot, that would rub people's nub raw or cut into it.
Really tho he has the hardest parts thought out

Oh yeah, no doubt, the guy deserves props!

Walker said:
I'm not knocking the guy but Zipties? really?

I think the idea is probably to make it out of everyday available items so that people could repair or make their own. The amount of people overseas living without limbs in 3rd world countries is astounding. There is another charity that makes wheelchairs out of those plastic patio chairs with mountain bike wheels and tires, they can make one and have it shipped to it's destination in jungles for a hundred bucks.

like I said, I'm not knocking his work but the zip ties obviously hold the (moving) innertube springs and the ties are passed through drilled holes in the steel tubing, looks like a recipie for disaster to me. None of the drilled holes appear to have the edges beveled either...

Latest posts

Back