Re-styleing the MTB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, this is not an usual resto in my case, I have a totally different style when it comes to bikes, but the truth is I'm getting heavier and slower and I really need some exercise so I thought It may be a good idea to get my self a mountain bike and ride a bit harder than I usually do.

Got this one for 50 bucks, and decided to try to give it a wicked look

After new paint, new tires, new seat, new Shimano parts and adjustment here is the result...

Put in the biggest set of wheels I could find, and I think the overall look of it improved.
Now off to burn some calories! :lol:

Very cool - and looks great!

BIG improvement! I don't know why, it seems ALL of these newer sprung mtn bikes are always 3 colors. They look like a bunch of parts pieced together, imo. -Adam

Thanx for the nice coments!!
You´re right Rustinkerer, that color combo was awful, dunno what they were thinking when they paint it...
Got pretty happy with the result, I spent 150 bucks in total, so I guess is not bad for what I want to use it for. In my opinion it looks better than before, it´s cleaner and tuned and rides great also, so I´m happy :D

I really like seeing those 'ugly' bikes turn into something cool! Yours is looking good. Are you planning to go off road with it? Because if you don't you could fit wide whites (if that's your thing offcourse). It's had such a great impact on the looks of my very, VERY cheap ATB. Check my thread:

My Atb

Hi Herr Rudolf, thanx 4 the nice comment!
Well, the fact is I´ll try to go off road as much as I can with this one and discover all the trails as possible.
I love white tires, must of all because they are almost impossible to find in my country, I believe I would faint if I ever come across a pair of white Thick Bricks, I just love the looks of those.
This tires I mounted are the wider I found in the local market, maybe the photos don´t show enough, but those things are monstrous and really add up to the look.

Love what you did with the headlight in your build, I´ll definitely try something similar next time.

oh wow...
Didn't realize you're from Uruguay. :) I really don't know about the situation of, or if the the cruiser-scene... And I thought I had a hard time finding Wide whites overhere in Western Europe. (or thin whites for that matter...) If off roading is your goal than this is a really cool looking bike to do so. I like those tires you have on it but ofcourse those have nothing to do with the 'cool cruiser-style'. By the way, you can see that those tires really are fatter than usual. Cool bike. Period.

Thanks!
Yes, down here some parts are very hard to find. I even tried to import some white tires from Brazil, but apparently they don't make´em any more :cry:
So, for what I now, no one makes those in the region!

Luckily, I found a couple of white Italian MTB tires, they don't look as good as Fast Bricks, but at least they're white. Last month I bought a bunch of NOS thin 24" and 26" from a shop going out of businesses; left untouched in their original package since 1986! all white, white and red, white and blue, white and green. Still not as cool as Fast bricks.

Cheers!

Big improvement nice job looks great..

Gdcast said:
Thanx :wink:
I think you need to swap out that front fork for a killer ride.. :wink:

yeah... it´s in my plans, having second thoughts on the frame too... let´s see if I can get it to snap and then I´ll have not other option but to change it :D

Latest posts

Back