Real rusty look without rust

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty nice, I didn't know about those products. I have used texturizing paint then airbrushing and a dry brush technique over that.

Hello,

I hope it wouldn´t be courtship, if I say the name of the product, I use for rust-effect. The dealer, where I got the color "sophisticated finishes" is named "Boesner". This color includes very fine metal-powder. You must let it dry and then you put the oxydation-solution on it. You can smoke a cigarette, during it works, and you see the growing result.

If there is color under this color, the material will be not attacked by the real rust!

regards, Paul
tschrotoberrX2345.jpg

Very nifty!

I just worked so hard to get RID of rust, it's funny to see elaborate efforts to create it. :)

Well rust is bad in the measure that it destroys things in a long term... but it looks freakishly good and raty!

Annika said:
I just worked so hard to get RID of rust, it's funny to see elaborate efforts to create it. :)

I don´t like rust on healthy raw iron or under the paint too, but I love this morbid camouflage. If everyone thinks "Oh, look there, what a decay, what a poor guy!", it is sooo wonderful to know, that my bike looks like otherones sound - damaged :mrgreen: . . .!

regards, Paul

Latest posts

Back