Reccomend a Digital SLR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my Nikon D40. Fairly inexpensive and easy to use.

I took these shots with it...factory lens and in auto mode.

bc1.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

I know there are better models out there and some prefer Canons and other brands, but I had used Nikons in the past for work and have always liked them.

They can make you look like a lot better photographer than you really are. :wink:

Thanks for the info Steve. I know Canon and Nikon are the 2 brands of choice. I don't want to spend a fortune, but the cheap dig cameras just don't cut it. I'll look into the Nikons.

Dan

Nothing wrong with Nikon but just to rep Canon, I am a fan of the EOS series. I have a 10D myself, but the rebel series is cheaper and comparable. I don't even have a Canon lens, I have an El-Cheapo Sigma wide-angle zoom. But it gets the job done, also in auto-mode, like Steve said,
Rat Rod said:
They can make you look like a lot better photographer than you really are. :wink:
:
3780032727_e08ea0c4f4_b.jpg

3780948214_8fe3bb1929_b.jpg

I also used the same camera to shoot the frame-by-frame animation in my film (shameless plug)
2520128090_77af47805f_o.jpg

I have a D40 and have used a buddy's D70 and the 40 actually has a faster reaction and takes consistently better shots without a tripod.

I have another friend with a Cannon, I have not used it much but it gets just as good a shot, the controls are a little less intuitive I think.

You probalby have the best chance at getting a D40 on sale, that's what I would buy anyway.

Rat Rod said:
...... some prefer Canons and other brands, but I had used Nikons in the past.....

if there was a dslr that felt and functioned like my old nikon fm i'd whip out the credit card so fast the magnetic strip would still be in my wallet! fwiw, i've always felt the 'steve's digicams' website was pretty good for reviews and such.....

Thanks for the info guys. I will go check them out. D40 seems like a good deal as they have a new model coming out to replace it.

my wife just bought a nikon D60 and we love it. it takes amazing pictures and is fairly easy to learn the controls...

Easy E

Rat Rod said:
I like my Nikon D40. Fairly inexpensive and easy to use.

I took these shots with it...factory lens and in auto mode.

bc1.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

I don't think it matters what camera you use..your bikes all ways photograph well. Thats because your bikes are super clean.:wink: LOL

Latest posts

Back