recent devotee, new writer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new writing on this site, but have been perusing for a while, getting some inspiration from the rat jobs, and looking for parts and gadgets.
I am 53, born in the best year for cars (57). I spent my youth riding bikes, taking them apart and rebuilding them, jumping them a la Knievel :wink:
and using them as transportation before I got my first car. Lately I have been revisiting those days. I bought a mountain bike in 99 and ride it 3 times a week in the hills behind my house. I found a Univega at a garage sale that I got for 25.00 and have ridden it on many road rides with clubs and alone. My daughters wanted a bike to ride at the beach, with chrome fenders, but vintage, and i began the search. I have since been through several Schwinn Breezes, some collegiates, lots of Huffys. I just recently dipped my toe in the Rat bike scene, and tried one out. Bought it for 40 bucks, put it together for another 50, and sold it for 150.00 Basically, I get old bikes like three-speeds, five speeds, and tear them down, rebuild them as is or add a few touches here and there. So, there you are. I will try to put a pic of my "woody" when I learn how. :)

Latest posts

Back