recent finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A couple of weeks ago I got a message that a cousin had bought or trade for a collection of 500-550 bicycles. I went to investigate. Turns out he got 714 bikes. No tank bikes, no wood rims, no Bowdens, dang it. Out of the 714 approximately 600 were little girls pink bikes with white tires.Another 50 were mountain bikes that came from Walmart , probably last year. However, there were a few that were for me. I got the black, 1967 Sears three speed shown above and a pair of Columbia three speeds, a mans and a ladies, and a Fuji cruiser with a very stuck seatpost. I have already replaced the front and rear wheel bearings on the Fuji.

The Columbias have dates of 1972 and 1973 on the Sturmey Archer hubs. The Columbias will get a serious cleaning and detailing, greasing all bearings and maybe new tires. I like Columbias and I like three speeds so I guess that means I REALLY like Columbia three speeds!

Latest posts

Back