RECONF16URE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished thread 2.jpg

I used the Dupli Color Metalcast 'yellow' to achieve this over the original chrome on the fenders and frame. I recommend using the Adhesion Promoter as a first layer to make the paint adhere to the slippery chrome better.
I also used the DC Metalcast smoke on some chrome parts of the RaTsberry BuffeT Sears Spyder I did a couple years back in a Muscle Bike Build Off.
RaTsberry BuffeT.jpg

I didn't do the wheels here, but the guard, fenders, brakes, handlebars,stem and sissy bar were all done with the Smoke Chrome color.

View attachment 162589

I used the Dupli Color Metalcast 'yellow' to achieve this over the original chrome on the fenders and frame. I recommend using the Adhesion Promoter as a first layer to make the paint adhere to the slippery chrome better.
I also used the DC Metalcast smoke on some chrome parts of the RaTsberry BuffeT Sears Spyder I did a couple years back in a Muscle Bike Build Off.
View attachment 162590

I didn't do the wheels here, but the guard, fenders, brakes, handlebars,stem and sissy bar were all done with the Smoke Chrome color.
Smoked chrome….delicious! 🤣

Ok, I think I’m going with this frame/tank/fork for my build. I’m thinking the color scheme from the car photo, Flat white and gloss white for detail (spray can or powder coat) with gold wheel set and faux carbon wrapped tank, maybe?View attachment 162137View attachment 162138

Have you put any wheels on this killer frame fork and tank yet?

Back