Redline Single Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up this Redline MTB at my local dump shop last week for $10. Looked pretty sad (I'm gonna have to start taking before pictures). It was a raw alloy finish which was oxidised and stained, but all the components were in really good condition. After stripping down, I used some Blitz aluminium cleaner on the frame followed by steel wool. I cut off and filed down all the cable lugs and polished with BrightShine wadding polish for alloy wheels.
A friend from work gave me the 26 x 1.5 Maxxis Xenith slicks :D that have never been used . Fitted a 16 tooth BMX freewheel and a 36 tooth cheapo chainwheel and crankset along with a cheap chain tensioner (Surly copy). I cleaned up the brake parts and purchased a new headset and BB bearings. Also ran the rear brake cable inside the top tube for a cleaner look. Ready to ride it only weighs 10kg {22lbs}.
All up, it owes me less than $100 (a "Hunge", as the kids say here) and rides like dream. My plans were to flip this bike at our upcoming Swap, but I'll think I'll have to keep it...........Wife rolls eyes :roll: .

IMGA0223.jpg

The bare metal looks is a real eye-catcher polished up like that, nice build.

Latest posts

Back