redneck ingenuity

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The favorite tool thing got me thinking of all those "one of a kind" home-made tools I got and all the chopped mangled things I have made out of bike parts to use for something else. Just wondering what others have done. Post those pics! I'll get my pics up tomorrow morning.

My chopped Huffy frame tire hanger,
My front fork, tree stump, and brake caliper truing stand,
My bicycle trick peg mount for my trailer,
Several wrenches ground down to fit a certain thing,
My cheater bar that still says huffy on it (was a downtube or toptube),
and my roof rack fork clamp mounted on my bike trailer to tow another bike (I get a lot of funny looks but who cares)

You mean something like this? My kids are always leaving their bikes at friend's houses and then I hear "Dad, Will you go get my bike?". It was either walk over and ride their bike back, get in the truck and waste gas, or come up with something else...

IMG_3041.JPG

i love the "bike tow truck"! :D i was gonna try to build a bike tow bar before i bought my pickup.someone asked me the other day if i carried any tools in case break down. i replied "just this" as i showed him my cell phone. :wink:

Here's some pics. Not as good as yours but it's functional and I have hauled a lot of bikes on it. Normally I haul 10 huffys to the scrap heap and drag 20 more home....lol. But with the hitch there's always room for one more.

P7220014.jpg

P7220020.jpg

P7220021.jpg

P7220013.jpg

P7220016.jpg

P7220019.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
You mean something like this? My kids are always leaving their bikes at friend's houses and then I hear "Dad, Will you go get my bike?". It was either walk over and ride their bike back, get in the truck and waste gas, or come up with something else...

IMG_3041.JPG

Whats on the back of the bike?!?!? I'm soooo curious now.....

tlaing1 said:
udallcustombikes said:

IMG_3041.JPG

Whats on the back of the bike?!?!? I'm soooo curious now.....

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29500

Very creative guys I love it. I was going to buy some hooks or something to create a storage solution for my ever growing collection of bikes but you've inspired me to dream up something of my own

Latest posts

Back