Refreshed find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isnt a fresh find more of a refreshed find. Its my 50s spitfire with the Felt creme thick bricks on it.
BEFORE
spitfire.jpg

AFTER
fatfire.jpg

Nice bike Im just asking for my own knowledge :?: I have a couple of Questions is the bike a 24 or a 26 ? Would have the Thick bricks worked with the fenders if you had kept the fenders on the bike .. Im just wondering about clearance for my own bike. :D Thanks for any help..

If that is a 24" frame, I don't think fenders will fit. My military bike was a 26" frame.

tanksalot said:
Nice bike Im just asking for my own knowledge :?: I have a couple of Questions is the bike a 24 or a 26 ? Would have the Thick bricks worked with the fenders if you had kept the fenders on the bike .. Im just wondering about clearance for my own bike. :D Thanks for any help..
It is a 24 inch frame and I was able to get the front to fit with the fender but it was to close for comfort and I dont think it would have on the back. with the spitfire frame I have very little clearance any where on it I had to remove the chain guard to even get the tire to be close to center on it(for the schwinn purests Im keeping the fenders and chain guard incase I ever want to change it back). and these are with the 24x3 felt tubes. I need to try trueing the rims because with these tires you can really tell their out of true

If anyone has these thick bricks and hasnt dealt with them before make sure you sit them out in the sun for a while before trying to mount them. their a pain to put on while cold

I was hoping it would make the white pop more and I couldnt be more pleased with how it turned out. everyone thats seen it in person so far has asked if I was going to sell it now and I told them I might if the right offer came along but I plan on riding it and using it more as a moving billboard for my other bikes I do want to sell

Latest posts

Back