Removing Foil Decals

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Any tips out there for removing foil decals with the intention of reapplying them?
I'm working on a Sears frame and the headbadge appears to be a foil decal. I'd like to take it off when I sand & paint the frame rather than mask it.

My thought was to use a heat gun / blow dryer and slowly peel back the decal. Then use superglue to reapply once the frame has been painted.

Anybody try this before?

Thanks,
RK

Try some Ronson Lighter fluid it should remove the glue..But to get that puppy back on is another story..3m spray adhesive will work .. I would do that only if I couldn't get a new one..

I rebuild a lot of Swimming pool and Hot tub motors with Gaskets /Seals and bearings .Since I charge as much as I can.. LOL.. I try to throw a Quick fresh Rattle Can paint job on them to make them look nice and new $$$. So once the motor is off ready to paint I take a little Grease and smear it all over the motor decal staying only on the decal itself..Spray it ..let it dry and then wipe of the grease . I think it looks cleaner with out a tape line. and I have tried both ways.

Back