removing front freewheel sprocket fron a one piece crank?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got two of these last year but i'm just getting to use them. one has messed up left hand threads (the ones where you put the crank/sprocket on the bike it's self). wish i could leave that seller negative feedback now. he had to know it.

anyway, i can't figure out how to get the sprocket off the crank. does it come off normally and i'm not using enough force? there's some exgtra stuff going on right where it attatches to the crank but it still looks like you could take a screwdriver or chisel and knock the nut around to get it loose.

i don't want to mess it up if that's not right by by going "nucalur" on it. anyone know how it comes apart? thanks.

Philphine said:
i got two of these last year but i'm just getting to use them. one has messed up left hand threads (the ones where you put the crank/sprocket on the bike it's self). wish i could leave that seller negative feedback now. he had to know it.

anyway, i can't figure out how to get the sprocket off the crank. does it come off normally and i'm not using enough force? there's some exgtra stuff going on right where it attatches to the crank but it still looks like you could take a screwdriver or chisel and knock the nut around to get it loose.

i don't want to mess it up if that's not right by by going "nucalur" on it. anyone know how it comes apart? thanks.

you're a brave man- messing with a front freewheeling sprocket!

sounds like it might be worth investing in a hook spanner....(?)

If ya want a hundred bearings falling at your feet...have at it.

I wound'nt do it again on a dare.

Latest posts

Back