Removing the forks on an OCC chopper?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here I was under the impression that I knew bikes pretty well... :? I can't seem to figure out how to get these freakin' forks off! I've loosened every hex nut I could find, and the thing still won't budge. Google wasn't any help either... Anyone know how to take these things off?

Until I fully figure out how these contraptions work, I'm sticking with springers...

Normally you would loosen the bolts that hold the legs of the forks on and slide them out.

Once those are removed you would loosen the headset and remove the top tree (bracket) of the fork and then the steer tube portion should slide down.

From what I've seen, the tops of the forks are crimped into the top plate. Probably to keep people from removing them. :roll: Maybe I can slide the bottom plate and the steer tube down, and remove it that way?

Yeah, if you are unable to slide the fork legs out then you could loosen the headset and let the bottom plate drop down.

Well, got the fork off, went to go mock up my 26" springer fork... and the steer tube is too short. i can't get the spring to line up properly. This thing is turning out to be a major pain.

Latest posts

Back