REPACK REALITIES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Here's a cool article from the March, 1981 issue of Action Now Magazine that member Golden Street Customs sent me.

Some cool pics of Gary Fisher, Charlie Kelly and Larry Sousa riding.

repack1.jpg

repack2.jpg

repack3.jpg

repack4.jpg

repack5.jpg

I like Gary's crash approved headwear....
those guys are my heroes!

believe it or not, i used to race downhill mountain bikes back in 94 to like 96, and i like to call it drifting. really effective when your haulin down some old fire road and you get some nice wide turns. can't quite figure out why its so much easier to handle an old school mountain bike than one built only a few years ago with full suspension and a zillion gears? id take on repack with the right coaster equipt coaster, to see if i could really make the hub smoke.

roadmaster said:
believe it or not, i used to race downhill mountain bikes back in 94 to like 96, and i like to call it drifting. really effective when your haulin down some old fire road and you get some nice wide turns. can't quite figure out why its so much easier to handle an old school mountain bike than one built only a few years ago with full suspension and a zillion gears? id take on repack with the right coaster equipt coaster, to see if i could really make the hub smoke.

They smoke easily. We rode down from the local ski hill on ours. 16 miles and 3300 feet elevation drop.

Latest posts

Back