Repco Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I bought this bike for myself for christmas and the quality of some parts were disappointing. Rather than being without a bike I decided to change it up to suit myself. Being on a budget meant checking out the local recycling markets but they've been a great source of parts and means bringing out my creative side. Although as the bike currently sits, I may have to buy some new tires and may be a new 3speed rear hub to help out on the hills.
This how the bike comes:
IMG_2649.jpg

So I've changed the wheels to 20s as the stockers were craptastic. I got them off a girls huffy and sprayed them 'aluminium'. The handlebars came from an unknown mtb I found at my parents place. The seat also cam from a tip special. The rear guard is from a Malvern Star Family Star and suits a 22" wheel. The 22s fit the bike but need a rebuild and if I can get some decent tires for them, I might swap the stock hub for 3speeder.
How it currently sits:
IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

Definately needs some fatter tires even though it has 20x2.25s. I'm looking at the Odyssey Aaron Ross tires in the 20x2.35 size.
I should add some lights to help pull the look off. Also needs a new chain and better pedals. Come summer I might have to get some grips but for now the lack of grips add a touch of stupidity

Back