RETRO-RAT-O DONE (YA-HOO!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK RATTERS. I've been watching all you cats working ya tails off on ya builds. Great jobs everyone. I've seen some eye busting, sweat and tears, knuckle bruising work going on. So you guys and gurls have a beer or what ever you indulge in on me. This is my first build ,but I build almost every week. So I'm here to represent Philly cuz I've seen no one on here from my hometown. So without further ado. I do to you. RETRO RATTO
2011-02-12132847.jpg
NBW basement huffy cruiser. Rusted and dusty. Cue the Public Enemy " Welcome to the Terrordome" song. Have fun ya'll . PEACE

Re: RETRO-RATTO

GOOD LUCK!........I spy, a whole bunch of spare parts in the background. :lol:

herr_rudolf said:
KOTA said:
GOOD LUCK!........I spy, a whole bunch of spare parts in the background. :lol:

...that I'll slide in easy with that drawer full of extra lube.
:mrgreen:

The Huffy is a great start. Good luck, and have fun.

I had a chance to post in here before you, but I saw that KOTA beat you, so I was happy with that.

Good to see someone else noticed the "extra lube". haha :shock:

Well could ya slide on this lol
2011-04-26202614.jpg
YEAH BABY MORE CUSHION WHILE YA PUSHIN

Magnum. 24x3.0.. Wicked ain't it?!? Found it in the NBW basement and brought all of em. I'll give the other specs later on the freewheel hub and rim setup. NO BACK BRAKES!! "WELCOME TO THE TERRORDOME"

Yessir!! Gonna pick them up Thursday. Ya need one huh?!? I have 4 of them for me. I'll check on one for ya if you'd like. It's bound to be some more in that dark, spider infested, dusty basement. I'll let ya know. CUZ I'M SUPERBAD-JAMES BROWN PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND. PEACE

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 5-20)

Did some work last night at NBW. I installed new forks for a chunkier, funkier look. Then the stem wouldn't fit so I found another one and it had on it these ratty bars. Then I noticed these grips in a bin. I slapped them on and that gave the bike a different look I think.
2011-05-19200844.jpg
2011-05-19201002.jpg
These bars maybe on the final project. What do you guys think? The crank is crusty,but I think I'll just clean it up. I like the way it looks.
2011-05-19200920.jpg
How am I doing?
2011-05-19200751.jpg
CUE BLUE OYSTER CULT "BURNING FOR YOU" MUSIC

I like those bars, the stem is built into them? The grips are just the outer piece of a 2 piece grip for road drop bars.

That back tire is still sweet.

Yeah the bars are built into the stem. Crazy huh?!? You can't beat free grips looking like those. You never said if you want me to check on that tire for ya or should I just horde em all. LOL . CUE STEVE MILLER "THE JOKER" MUSIC

Jake Sensi said:
Yeah the bars are built into the stem. Crazy huh?!? You can't beat free grips looking like those. You never said if you want me to check on that tire for ya or should I just horde em all. LOL . CUE STEVE MILLER "THE JOKER" MUSIC

Check for me and let me know how much something like that would cost. I think these are the same tires that are on the Giant Stilletto Chopper bikes.

The only bars with a stem built in I'm use to seeing are on cheap children's bikes, but yours actually look nice.

Glad to see a build that is in the true spirit of ratrod bike. Looking forward to seeing the finished bike.

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 5-21)

Hello Ratters. I'm back from NBW and this is what i did. I put on a new front tire from the brand new OCC i just purchased.
GEDC0169.jpg
I added a light which may not make the cut.
GEDC0172.jpg
I even mocked a seat placement for my seat
GEDC0175.jpg
. Thanks for the praise.You like me you really like me. LOL. I'm doing this on love for the build. No guts No glory. Next is the crusty crank and the brakes.
GEDC0170.jpg
Cue TOM PETTY "YOU GOT LUCKY"
GEDC0173.jpg
GEDC0168.jpg

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 5-27)

Ok this is not a fake mock up. This is going to be my seat. Salivate and wonder how and what's next.
GEDC0183-1.jpg
. RATTO IS HOME NOW SO GET READY TO ROCK!! If ya gotta comment leave a line or two. If not- Get ta building. LOL .. CUE BOZ SCAGGS DIRTY LOWDOWN SONG. OH WHADDA BOUT THIS
GEDC0181.jpg
WHO'S WIT ME!!

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 5-27)

Thanks DOC. I had a feeling you would reply. I see alot of people looking and saying nothing. That's some what alright. I give praise and encourgment. It also is my first build and I've learned alot browsing the forums. I just found out how to equip brakes on this bike. It's a 26" frame,but i have those big 24X3 tires on the rear. Then the OOC front tire was a 24 so I just went for it. NBW doesn't really have 24" stuff,but I got those tires two for 15.WHAT A BARGIN!! I've got an idea for a suicide brake. I just gotta try it out. Wait till this weekend after my cookout. I'll be making more progress. Till then thanks for the words and encouragement. CUE AC/DC "RIDE ON" SONG SAVE ME A HOTDOG AND A BURGER AND GET TA BUILDIN' !!! PEACE

Latest posts

Back